We all know the holidays are filled with tasty temptations – to indulge sensibly, of course. But one of the most festive things we can serve up in the spirit of the season is a spirit for the season.
Whether we’re having company over like in Christmases Past or hosting a party for one this Christmas Present, it’s always nice to have a beautifully themed cup of cheer to toast good tidings. It’s also a wonderful way to simplify holiday get-togethers once we’re back together again. After all, a special Christmas cocktail, some red and white wine, and a non-alcoholic concoction for the designated drivers ensures something for everyone on your guest list.
Personally, I like drinks that are as pretty to the eye as they are pleasing to the palate. Of course, the healthier the better. What makes these two recipes such a delight is that they are high-energy, plant-based, and guilt-free!
- 1.5 Oz Añejo Tequila
- Coffee Ice Cubes
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Cranberry
- Pre-brew your favorite coffee and freeze into cubes.
- Fill a rocks glass 2/3 with coffee ice cubes.
- Add añejo tequila.
- Garnish with a crisscross of cinnamon stick “antlers” and a cranberry “nose.”
- Splash of Triple Sec
- 1.5 Oz Organic Tequila
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 Sprig Fresh Rosemary
- Swirl a light splash of Triple Sec around a rocks glass, pouring off any extra.
- Fill glass 2/3 with ice.
- Add organic tequila.
- Sprinkle in fresh pomegranate seeds.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary.
P.S.: Now that you are officially a master mixologist, “Happy National Bartender Day!”