I love to relax with a good hot cup of tea. Tea is naturally detoxifying and the ritual of waiting for the water to boil calms me. This is one you can easily make in the morning or at night.
- 2 cups water
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon raw, coconut or organic sugar
- Prep the ginger by using a vegetable peeler to remove the outer skin and thinly slice with a sharp knife.
- Using a small pot or kettle, add the water, ginger, lemon juice, turmeric and cayenne, give a good stir.
- Place over medium-low to low heat and warm until steam comes up or whistle blows on the kettle.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, pour into individual cups, add a little sweetener, and enjoy.